Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 MMS messages knock out WiFi

I've posted on similar sites in the past, but have never gotten a good answer to my problem. For some reason, when I'm at home on our WiFi and I receive an MMS message, it knocks out the WiFi signal to the whole house. AT&T can't figure it out. The cable company has replace our modem now 3 times and run new cabling. Samsung said it's "probably a 3rd part app issue". Help, please! I'm tired of having to reboot the modem all the time.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 MMS messages knock out WiFi

Never heard of that one. I had 3 S3s running and never saw it. Good luck.

The issue actually seems to be more than just sending/receiving an MMS message. Yesterday, I was on our home WiFi and opened the Gallery to show my wife a picture that I had taken. As soon as I opened the picture file, it knocked the WiFi offline. Wondering if there could be a setting on my phone, our cable modem/router or something like MS Security Essentials that shuts off the internet signal if a file over a certain size if opened?
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by suey3b View Post
    The issue actually seems to be more than just sending/receiving an MMS message. Yesterday, I was on our home WiFi and opened the Gallery to show my wife a picture that I had taken. As soon as I opened the picture file, it knocked the WiFi offline. Wondering if there could be a setting on my phone, our cable modem/router or something like MS Security Essentials that shuts off the internet signal if a file over a certain size if opened?
    That is REALLY weird. Have you tried a factory reset on your device?
    You can also try booting into safe mode (With the phone off, hold the menu button and boot it up). If it's a third party issue, the problem won't be present there.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4