Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 won't charge. Motherboard issue

My Samsung Galaxy S4 got wet on my camping trip. Some water got into the charging port and it screwed up the actually port on the board. Any ideas on what i can do?
    Banned

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 won't charge. Motherboard issue

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    My Samsung Galaxy S4 got wet on my camping trip. Some water got into the charging port and it screwed up the actually port on the board. Any ideas on what i can do?
    Well, I would say firstly you could try soaking you're device in the rice or silica get and if that again doesn't help you out then it would be better to move towards the nearest servicing centre to fix the issue with, okay I think it would be better if I feed you with the technical knowledge so you can understand what happens when the water gets inside the device. The biggest problem after the device go wet is the corrosion which I think have already started to begin, a severely damaged phone circuit board needs to be clean by spraying down the alcohol and with the help of toothbrush its gently cleaned off and once the cleaning process finished the circuit board is leave under a UV lamp to dry out. In some extreme cases ultrasonic cleaner with distilled water and then it's cleaned with alcohol to displace any moisture and in some of the case the LCD digitiser is also needed to be replaced.