Overheating Galaxy S3

A

AC Question

So I've had my Galaxy S3 since April of 2013. I don't know if this is an important thing to note, but I've had problems with the battery in the past (it only holds a charge for about 4 hours if I'm using it minimally, at the most 6.) About a week ago I had it charging while I was asleep (so around 6 hours,) and when I woke up the phone was literally too hot to touch without burning the tip of my finger. There was also a notice on my phone saying, "phone stopped charging due to overheating," or something along those lines.

Since then, my phone has shut off (with a midway/full charge) randomly, after the screen flashing off and on for a few seconds, due to what I'm sure is also overheating (never as hot as the first time, but still hot enough to be uncomfortable to hold,) about 3 times now. It won't turn back on until it's completely cooled again, and needs to be charged (much longer than it needs to be charged normally.)

Is there a way to fix this, or am I just gonna have to bring my phone into AT&T?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me! With all the news I've been hearing about S3's catching fire, I can't help but be a little worried!

emmawhio

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I've used 3 different chargers since it started, and it happens with all of them. It sometimes will heat up on it's own too, even if it's not being charged, it's much hotter when it is being charger though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000