Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By belodion
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy "dead" Galaxy S3 today, was fine when last used yesterday

Hi Today I went to use my 18-month old Galaxy S3 and it simply won't turn on! Totally dead. Won't charge, rebooting as per instruction manual does nothing. Never mistreated, dropped, got wet, etc. Nothing wrong with the charger, it charges my husband's phone no problem. No idea what's wrong. Anyone got any suggestions?

Default Re: "dead" Galaxy S3 today, was fine when last used yesterday

Hmmm. Totally dead. So you're not able to get into Recovery Mode. Have you tried pulling the battery? Also, it may be a faulty power button, which can sometimes be fixed by fiddling with the button, but which if necessary could be replaced.

Posted via Android Central App

I have just come from another thread where the possibility is the battery has died on an S3 only purchased in November.

If you can get to a store or a friend with a GS3 and try another battery at least you will know.

Also try a suggestion by @B.Diddy to try to twirl the battery on a flat surface. If it has swollen that is a problem.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    I have just come from another thread where the possibility is the battery has died on an S3 only purchased in November.

If you can get to a store or a friend with a GS3 and try another battery at least you will know.

Also try a suggestion by @B.Diddy to try to twirl the battery on a flat surface. If it has swollen that is a problem.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I've always assumed that battery failure would be gradual but a search reveals that it can indeed be sudden, so I've learnt something yet again!

Madd54 likes this.

OP: I concur with Madd54's diagnosis, which also takes care of the niggling doubt I had about the battery failing to charge.