Galaxy s3 wont load past samsung logo and nothing is helping

A

AC Question

I have been researching all forums and tried everything that was suggested to other people.
Last night, I charged my phone. WHen it was done charging, I unplugged it and could not turn it on. I let it be for some time as I didnt think much into it. When I still couldnt turn it on, I removed the battery, put it back in and that is when Samsung logo came on.
I tried the following :
- wiping cache
- syncing with Kies but my phone would not connect under any circumstances
- resetting with Odin3 - at first it failed - the it said PASS but when it rebooted, nothing changed
- Factory reset - nothing

I really dont know what else to do to fix this. I dont care about my data anymore. I just want it to work again.

Katy Walton

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I didnt have a SD card. I didnt even try replacing the battery. I,however, gave the phone to some shop as it is after warranty and they said it is more than likely the ROM and therefore, it has no point fixing. Is it possible it really could be ROM?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When they say ROM, they probably mean one of the actual chips, or the motherboard. If it is a fundamental hardware problem like that, then it is probably better to get a new phone.

Trying a new battery is still worthwhile, though. Do you have any friends with an S3 as well? If you don't want to buy a replacement battery, see if you can borrow a friend's battery just to test it out.