google + photo auto upload stalled

A

AC Question

Just says "backing up ...1 left" and has stalled like this for days.
Battery levels are fine and I'm on home (secure) wifi

If I can't resolve the problem, how can I see which photo is causing it?

In the HTC forums there's a suggestion that the data manager is labelling some wifi points as hot spots and that this disables the upload - I can't see where to investigate this on my Xperia Z1 compact.

Any help much appreciated.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
That happened once to my GS4. I just turned it off, pulled the battery out. Waited a minute or two, placed the battery back in and turn the phone on.
After a few minutes the upload begun again and this time went without a hitch.

Sent From The 5th Galaxy Inside The Time Vortex.

Peter Martin4

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the idea. I can't take the battery out of my Xperia Z1 compact but I turned it fully off and then back on - no change, I'm afraid.
Can I see in the photos app which photo hasn't completed it's upload yet? Then I could delete or put somewhere else, in case it's just the one photo causing the problem.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the idea. I can't take the battery out of my Xperia Z1 compact but I turned it fully off and then back on - no change, I'm afraid.
Can I see in the photos app which photo hasn't completed it's upload yet? Then I could delete or put somewhere else, in case it's just the one photo causing the problem.

Can you try disconnecting from a WiFi network and see if it'll update over cell data?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

Peter Martin4

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Don't really like to do that, given my data plan. However, the good news is that it's cleared itself - though the bad news is I've no idea what I did to make it happen!
I'll just be grateful for small mercies, I think.
Thanks for your help anyway
Regards

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't really like to do that, given my data plan. However, the good news is that it's cleared itself - though the bad news is I've no idea what I did to make it happen!
I'll just be grateful for small mercies, I think.
Thanks for your help anyway
Regards

Well, glad you got it working :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2