Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Meditation Man
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Galaxy S5 Does Not Notify When Godaddy Emails Arrive

Hi, I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S5. I have 3 email accounts
    1. Hotmail
    2. Gmail
    3. Godaddy

When I receive an email in my hotmail and gmail accounts, the emails arrive instantly (within a few seconds) and I get a notification (sound) and i can instantly read the emails.

However, when I get an email in my Godaddy account, I do not get a notification. It does arrive, but I have to push "refresh" to see it. Of course, because I do not know when I'm going to receive an email, unless I continually push "refresh" I just never know if there's an email.

I checked out the phone with ATT, and the tech said the phone is perfect, but that it's Godaddy's server or something. I checked with Geek Squad and the tech there instantly said it's Godaddy's fault.

Of course, when I called Godaddy - 4 times - and went through all this with them, they take absolutely no responsibility whatsoever, just saying that it's the phone.

I bought the phone primarily for email notifications, so this is really important to me. I had no idea it wouldn't work with my godaddy account. It's a Pop 3 simple email account that came with the domain. I looked for answers on the internet, and on this site particularly, and I see again and again the others have this problem - that they can't see (or even get) their Godaddy emails.

It was suggested to get a third party app, which I did, Mymail, and although it works as a standalone, it does not work with my Godaddy account.

I would really appreciate a solution.

Thank you very much,
    Steven

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Does Not Notify When Godaddy Emails Arrive

Welcome to Android Central! Quick question--can you check any account-specific settings in the stock Email app for the GoDaddy account? I don't use the stock Email app, so I can't be sure, but I thought that you could adjust the notifications for each individual account in the Email app's settings.

Welcome to Android Central! Quick question--can you check any account-specific settings in the stock Email app for the GoDaddy account? I don't use the stock Email app, so I can't be sure, but I thought that you could adjust the notifications for each individual account in the Email app's settings.

Hi, thanks for your response.
    As far as I know there are not any account-specific settings in the email app - I just entered the information the phone asked, according to godaddy's instructions as they guided me on the phone.
    If this doesn't answer your question, please ask again in different terms - I'm not a techie

Btw, I'm responding here because when I clicked on the link "server error" came up (answering on computer).

Ty
    Last edited by Meditation Man; 08-05-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Does anyone have any possible solutions? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Email, and make sure "Show notifications" is checked.

All notifications are on; I quadruple-checked. I do get notifications instantly from my hotmail and gmail accounts. It's just the godaddy account, possibly because it's a pop3? I'm really not tech oriented, but that's what I've learned.

I was thinking of forwarding the godaddy account to a third party imap server - perhaps that would make it go through like the hotmail does? As you know, there seems to be a specially-deisgned thing created just for microsoft emails, so that's why it probably goes through.

But I'd still appreciate some responses and a solution. THANKS!

Is it worthwhile upgrading your GoDaddy account to one that includes IMAP? Changing from POP to IMAP | GoDaddy Help | GoDaddy Support. Not sure if that will solve the issue, but might be worth a try.

I took a look at the articles and will call godaddy again. As they probably cannot give me any correct or accurate information anyway, and since I cannot trust them, I probably won't be able to know until and unless I change to IMAP. It's far more expensive, as my email was free anyway when I got my domain.

I was wondering if it's possible to point my email to a hotmail account, which does instantly notify me. Do you know if that could work?

You could try that. Or maybe have Gmail import your GoDaddy email, and then either include your Gmail in the stock Email app, or use the actual Gmail app.

I think having Gmail import the godaddy email and include it in the Gmail app might be a possibility - I wonder if I can do that. I can try.
    I'll let you know.
    Again, thanks for your input.
    B. Diddy likes this.

I spent most of tonight trying to find a fix for the phone. I was on the phone with godaddy, checking all the settings, again, and of course nothing was found.

After that I called ATT - spoke to a service tech who did something I didn't know could be done - she remotely accessed my phone, just like is done to check and repair computers. We were on the phone for about an hour and a half, checking everything, all the settings, checking the software from her end, etc. She asked all the right questions, but at the end of the conversation, it went like this:

" Your device seems defective. It can't receive godaddy emails. It's either your device or godaddy.
    YOU SHOULD GET A NEW DEVICE - TAKE IT BACK...

I didn't expect to hear that, but I'm glad she advised this. I have 14 days to return/exchange from Best Buy, and here we go again. The question now is,

Should I exchange the Galaxy S5 for another one of the same, or should I get a different phone entirely, such as the LG G3 or HTC? Those are my two other choices. I'd probably get the HTC but the camera isn't that great. So it's probably either the LG G3 or another S5.

Thanks for your help.