Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
08-05-2014 03:05 PM
3 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Display text while phone is locked

I just got a new droid mini. On my last phone (Droid Razr Maxx), when the phone was locked, I was able to display text. I put "In case found, please call xxxx" That way, the phone stayed locked, and couldn't be used, and possibly someone would return it to me.

I'd like to do the same on my Droid Mini, but can't figure out how. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Display text while phone is locked

I don't know the direct answer, but I definitely suggest making sure you have Android Device Manager enabled. You can Lock your phone, put a message on the lock screen for someone to call or message you, and the 'other' phone number you send to the screen is given a call button. You log in to Android Device Manager with your Google account from a pc or other Android device.
    If you forget your ADM password/ pin you just Lock it again with another pin. You can test Lock it from a pc.
    Android. com/devicemanager or Google. com/androiddevicemanager.

Hope you get a direct answer for your Droid.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

In stock Android 4.4.4, it is in Settings -> Security -> Owner Info

There are various lockscreen widgets you can install. Here's one: Instant Owner Info Widget

DashClock is another excellent lockscreen widget that allows you to install many other components, including free text.