Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default KMC4972 or ZX-MD9712?

I can't be the only one who bought one of these.One day it locked up on the splash screen,. I am looking for the drivers, firmware, or a way to hard reset. Just in case someone asks, there is no reset button, and no phisical volume buttons. Just a home button and power button. Manufacturer says it is discontinued and won't help, ran 4.1

Global Posts
    8,890 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: KMC4972 or ZX-MD9712?

Is there an option within the settings that let's you factory reset? For most phones/tablets it's settings > device/personal > factory data reset.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: KMC4972 or ZX-MD9712?

tablet only shows splash screen, (the screen before the flashing android screen) and wont go any farther so cant get into settings, I will probably play with it off and on for a couple of days then toss it. no matter what a good deal you get on a tablet, if it is to good to be true, don't buy it, Chinese tablets wont last and there is no custom support.

Global Posts
    8,890 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by David Lindorff View Post
    tablet only shows splash screen, (the screen before the flashing android screen) and wont go any farther so cant get into settings, I will probably play with it off and on for a couple of days then toss it. no matter what a good deal you get on a tablet, if it is to good to be true, don't buy it, Chinese tablets wont last and there is no custom support.
    Yeah, that was my bad. I didn't notice until I after I had posted.

I agree about the tablets, and I usually recommend sticking to more common brand names like LG, Samsung, Asus, etc. A lot of the cheaper tablets are poorly made because, well, they're supposed to be cheap. Not having volume buttons on the device sounds ridiculous to me.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan