Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Airplane Mode Automatically Activating

My AT&T phone keeps going into Airplane Mode without me switching it on. It has caused problems as I'm not reachable during that time. How can I prevent this from happening? I downloaded an app to manage it, setting it to come on and go off at the same time, hoping to stop it from activating, but it did it again today. Need help as I must be able to be reached, I take care of sick folks. THANKS!

Default Re: Airplane Mode Automatically Activating

Welcome to Android Central! What phone is it? If possible, I'd suggest booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition.

My phone is a Z998 (AT&T). I have no idea how to perform your suggestion :-)

That's why we needed to know the model of your phone--to see if a cache partition wipe can be done easily. Unfortunately, a web search doesn't reveal an easy way for that phone. You may need to try a full factory reset, which will wipe your phone, so make sure to back up your data beforehand.

The only other thing I can think of would be to check for any other app you may have installed that might have control over Airplane Mode.

Thank you!