Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default galaxy s3 - problems updating firm ware

I've had my android for a while now. I accidentally back tracked it to Jelly Bean 4.4.2, when I already had it on 4.3. I did a complete factory reset of the phone. I've been using odin to try to flash 4.3 back onto my phone, but I get the error code on my phone in download mode... unsupport dev_type. If anyone can please help me with this issue I greatly appreciate it. I am using Odin3 v3.04. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Global Posts
    8,105 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: galaxy s3 - problems updating firm ware

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Gambon View Post
    I've had my android for a while now. I accidentally back tracked it to Jelly Bean 4.4.2, when I already had it on 4.3. I did a complete factory reset of the phone. I've been using odin to try to flash 4.3 back onto my phone, but I get the error code on my phone in download mode... unsupport dev_type. If anyone can please help me with this issue I greatly appreciate it. I am using Odin3 v3.04. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
    Uninstall the reinstall the drivers, Odin and files. Also, try other USB ports when connecting the device. See if that helps.

I'm a little concerned that the device would revert to a previous OS on its own, which it shouldn't.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app