Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Bricked my HTC One M8 via recent sprint update?

Hi all,

For about a week, my M8 has been pestering me about a 600MB update while I was on vacation, so I get back today, googled the update and didn't see any red flags, so I let it download and install, when done, it craps out on me. Two sprint stores tell me there's nothing they can do without coughing up $75. I get home, call sprint and they offer a credit for the $75 since the phone is under warranty still.

I'm bored so I started a chat with HTC since the sprint stores are closed, we go through a few steps and clear the cache and it's still stopping at the HTC one screen after the sprint spark screen.

So, since I'm a dolt and didn't backup prior to this update, do I have any hopes of recovering data off the phone or could a sprint store? When I plug the phone into my computer, an E drive appears and the HTC Sync manager appears. HTC Android Phone USB Device shows up in device manager on my PC, but the HTC MTP device properties says "This device cannot start".

Any helpful suggestions? Thanks, Walt

Default Re: Bricked my HTC One M8 via recent sprint update?

That would be unacceptable to me. I would persistently talk to Sprint, and keep escalating to the next customer service level. Focus on the fact that the phone was working normally before, and failed after the update that Sprint was responsible for.