Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Android Storage help.

Hello,
    I am using walton primo F4
    It has got about 1.2gb internal memory. I moved all apps to external sd card, and now 845mb internal memory is free.
    I want to download a game called blitz brigade which is about 1.10 gb.
    But my FREE internal memory is only 845mb
    I have got a huge amount of external sd card memory. (21gb free)
    But i am worried with one thing: When i download the game, the cache download memory(1.10gb) or the installation file may be downloaded on my internal memory. But i have only 800mb free in internal memory and the game is 1.10gb. I dont know which storage it will take, if it takes the internal memory, i am screwed. Is there any way i can assure myself that this game will be downloaded only on my external sd card memory.

Thanks.

Default Re: Android Storage help.

Welcome to Android Central! I'm afraid your phone is limited by the low internal storage. External SD storage doesn't really factor much into the ability to install apps, since only a portion of an app can be moved to the SD card (if it's even possible on a given device). And the initial download for installation has to come to the internal storage.

See this guide for more info: [GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings

Can i download the game on my Internal SD card, not on the internal memory or the external sd card? If so, please tell me how.

Thanks.

Not that I'm aware of.