Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung S3 continual rebooting

I have a S3 on stock Android 4.3 that keeps rebooting when not on a power source. It shows the Samsung SIII image and then reboots.

I have tried safe mode, factory reset, cache clear - none of these make a difference. I have taken the battery out for 3 mins and replaced it, again no difference.

The dock port has been repaired as this was loose, I'm going to take it back to where it was fixed to get them to look at it again.

Does any one have any further ideas as to the cause of this ? Is it the power button ? Does the battery need replacing ?

Thanks.

Default Re: Samsung S3 continual rebooting

Welcome to Android Central! Trying a new battery is a good idea. A quick test of the current battery is to remove it, place it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which confirms a failing battery. But even if it doesn't spin, it's worth trying a new battery.

The other thing to try is to remove the SD card. A corrupt SD could cause various problems.