Samsung S3 continual rebooting
I have a S3 on stock Android 4.3 that keeps rebooting when not on a power source. It shows the Samsung SIII image and then reboots.
I have tried safe mode, factory reset, cache clear - none of these make a difference. I have taken the battery out for 3 mins and replaced it, again no difference.
The dock port has been repaired as this was loose, I'm going to take it back to where it was fixed to get them to look at it again.
Does any one have any further ideas as to the cause of this ? Is it the power button ? Does the battery need replacing ?
- 08-06-2014, 02:20 PM #2
Re: Samsung S3 continual rebooting
Welcome to Android Central! Trying a new battery is a good idea. A quick test of the current battery is to remove it, place it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which confirms a failing battery. But even if it doesn't spin, it's worth trying a new battery.
The other thing to try is to remove the SD card. A corrupt SD could cause various problems.
- By androidbrother16 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 08-10-2014, 05:51 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-06-2014, 02:46 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-06-2014, 02:36 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2014, 01:07 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2014, 12:00 AM