Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Android rooted from manufacturer

Just bought an Allwinner Android tab model Q102 with Kit-Kat 4.4.2 quadcore A31 series. I bought it specifically for watching skygo but it has come from the manufacturer already rooted and therefore won't work. I have tried various unroot apps including ones such as Kingo that I connected the device to my computer but nothing works. It does not have SuperSu and there are no Su files in the bin folder.

Global Posts
    30,603 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Android rooted from manufacturer

Usually devices do not come from the factory rooted. You could try calling them and asking.

Yes I've read that they don't usually come rooted but this one for some reason did. I got in touch with the company I bought it from and they told me to use Kingo but it was unable to unroot. All of the apps I have tried have said the same as there is no SU and no su binary. Root checker detected it was rooted and sky has also said it is not compatible with rooted devices. I have tried everything and if it is not done through Super SU and has no files connected to it, I am at a complete loss

Global Posts
    30,603 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

To clarify, you have tried unrooting through SuperSU?

I have tried to unroot it using about every app on the market, all of them have said unroot failed. I did download superSu too but it was of no use either. I have messages saying that there is no su binary, and I don't have superSu on the device, and I have no idea what has been used to root it. USB debugging is checked and I have followed all the instructions that I have found online but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by kis1467 View Post
    I have tried to unroot it using about every app on the market, all of them have said unroot failed. I did download superSu too but it was of no use either. I have messages saying that there is no su binary, and I don't have superSu on the device, and I have no idea what has been used to root it. USB debugging is checked and I have followed all the instructions that I have found online but to no avail.
    Go into developer options in settings at the buttom and find root acess in developer options. and click "None".

If you cant see developer options go to about tablet and press 10 times on build number and you,r gonna have it

And enjoy.

There isn't any root access and anything that mentions root is always greyed out. I already tried the tapping but it just tells me no need you are already a developer.I can switch developer options off but that is about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kis1467 View Post
    There isn't any root access and anything that mentions root is always greyed out. I already tried the tapping but it just tells me no need you are already a developer.I can switch developer options off but that is about it.
    Try pushing power down + up volume while turning on if nothing pops up try vol down + power if not then up+power

So you can see if theres an custom recovery.

Hi i have the same problem as the last person only i have the M1009 Processor Type ultraOcta-A83 Android version 4.4.4 firmware version 1.2_20150417 and i cant use Sky Go or Virgin Tv anywhere can anybody help me please many thanks Dave