Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to change fastboot? and sd help

Sup anyone i have this question about a htc desire i got on ebay (cheap) 20$

And i need to install a custom hboot?

But how?

And i need 250 /5/ 182 from Custom hboots for HTC Desire (bravo) | HTC Desire | XDA Forum

how do i do this?

- A 512mb - 1.5gb EXT partition (EXT4 recommended) on your sdcard. Use this guide, and this guide only to create the partition. Partitions made using other tools (CWM, Minitool Partition Wizard, etc.) will likely cause issues.
    - The latest TWRP or 4EXT Recovery. Old versions of CWM may cause issues.

[TUTORIAL] Partitioning your sd-card correct… | HTC Desire | XDA Forum

They use ext4 touch and i have twrp ;/

I have twrp 2.6.3.0. thx

Sorry for any errors ;( auto correct kinda messed up.

Default Re: How to change fastboot? and sd help

From my knowledge doing this will require you to have S OFF on your device to change your bootloader.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    From my knowledge doing this will require you to have S OFF on your device to change your bootloader.
    I am s-off i think i used revolutionery or something like that and flashed TWRP in rashr.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashyou View Post
    I am s-off i think i used revolutionery or something like that and flashed TWRP in rashr.
    You can tell real easy if your S OFF. Boot the device into your bootloader and on the main screen upper left side it should say either S ON or S OFF.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

You can tell real easy if your S OFF. Boot the device into your bootloader and on the main screen upper left side it should say either S ON or S OFF.
    S-OFF

Global Posts
    13,007 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

GPartEd is about the best way to partition anything, but Aparted (a free app you can install from the Play store) should do the job just as well, and since it's just an app you run on the phone it's easier than burning a CD, rebooting the computer, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashyou View Post
    S-OFF
    Well you should be able to do whatever you need then having S OFF. Not having the HTC Desire I can't help much but I know it did have a dev following for a while so there should be plenty of resources available.
    Paul

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Well you should be able to do whatever you need then having S OFF. Not having the HTC Desire I can't help much but I know it did have a dev following for a while so there should be plenty of resources available.
    Ok can you please give me a link?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    GPartEd is about the best way to partition anything, but Aparted (a free app you can install from the Play store) should do the job just as well, and since it's just an app you run on the phone it's easier than burning a CD, rebooting the computer, etc.
    Thx will be trying it on a couple huors when i changed my Hboot