Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Nexus 5 Charger gets hot when charging

My phone is works fine with no issues, Games running smooth but when charging the charger gets hot (the phone not) , btw is that normal that my phone gets charged fast? (2 hours and It's almost full battery)

Default Re: Nexus 5 Charger gets hot when charging

The time sounds about right if you're charging from a low battery percentage. Some charger warmth is to be expected, but mine certainly doesn't get hot. Are you using the stock charger?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    The time sounds about right if you're charging from a low battery percentage. Some charger warmth is to be expected, but mine certainly doesn't get hot. Are you using the stock charger?

I'm using this one
    Nexus 5 Charger gets hot when charging-97787d1387630508t-can-someone-show-me-what-charging-cable-nexus-5-uploadfromtaptalk1387630508357.jpg

If that's the one that came with the phone when new, it should be good. My stock charger, by which I mean the charger that comes in the box with the phone when new, has an output of 5v, 1.2A.

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    If that's the one that came with the phone when new, it should be good. My stock charger, by which I mean the charger that comes in the box with the phone when new, has an output of 5v, 1.2A.

mine is same like yours (5v, 1.2A), the temperature outside now is 23c It's night and kinda not hot but in the day It's 31c (I'm coming from the mid east)

Are we talking like can't touch it hot, or like warm, because heat is expected while charging

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by codyoehl View Post
    Are we talking like can't touch it hot, or like warm, because heat is expected while charging

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5
    That's true. OP, if you can light a cigarette off your charger, you've got a problem.