My Verizon data usage has strangly doubled?
I am a Verizon unlimited data customer who has averaged about 2.6 gb a month. For June I jumped to 5.9 gbs and then I was just told by Verizon customer support that I have used over 6.7 gbs for the month of July. Here is the odd part my HTC rezound died on the 7th and I ordered a LG G2 off of e-bay on the 9th and finally got it activated on the evening of the 22nd(long story don't want to go into it). I find it hard to believe that I was able double my usage in only half the time! (no workable phone from July 7 till July 22). But now I hear that Verizon is going to start to throttle unlimited data users who are over 5.7 gbs and are in the top 5% data users. Makes me wonder if I am being set up for throttling, has anyone else experienced this?
- 08-06-2014, 06:55 PM #2
Re: My Verizon data usage has strangly doubled?
You aren't being setup. They'll only throttle if you are over that limit and the cell site is congested.
Honestly it could just be background data running in the background and also the setting up of a new phone. You can always look under the settings and then go to data usage to see what's taking up the data.
Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
- By Scaughtie in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-10-2014, 09:30 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-10-2014, 08:08 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-09-2014, 07:21 PM
- By MrsDowFire in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 08-07-2014, 04:05 PM
- By BrickAlley in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 08-07-2014, 08:10 AM