Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 1 Post By anon8380037
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default I forgot my alternative password and im locked out of my phone!!

I dont want to have my phone re-set and I can't remember my alternative information for my gmail account that I set up! How can I unlock it??
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Default Re: I forgot my alternative password and im locked out of my phone!!

Take it into a carrier store and see if they can help you.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I dont want to have my phone re-set and I can't remember my alternative information for my gmail account that I set up! How can I unlock it??
    If you still have your Google log in you can try see if Android Device Manager is active from a pc. If so you can Lock with a new password and you're in.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    If you still have your Google log in you can try see if Android Device Manager is active from a pc. If so you can Lock with a new password and you're in.

I think that's what he meant when he said that he can't remember the gmail account.

anon8380037 likes this.

Yes. I was thinking he can't remember the prompts, but he wouldn't need those if he could log in, duhh!.
    I should get to bed.
    When you're right you're right.
    UJ95x likes this.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Yes. I was thinking he can't remember the prompts, but he wouldn't need those if he could log in, duhh!.
    I should get to bed.
    When you're right you're right.
    And I'm always right.

60% of the time

anon8380037 likes this.

On your PC, go to gmail.com, enter your gmail address and click the forgot password link. Gmail will give you several options for password recovery.

If none of them work to get you into your account, then I am afraid you are simply out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post

Are you the original poster. Any luck getting in? Can you describe what lock you had on.