Ring tone being silenced on my Moto G

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
It looks as if all of my incoming calls are on vibrate only mode. Oft times, I check and see that the volume is always totally off. I have been absolutely careful to not be hitting the volume controls. I leave it on the counter at night and check that the volume is up but in the morning, it is down.

What is this, a lack of use feature? :)

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes.it shows every time I activate EV-contacts.

This is not-so-much of a problem right now as the test period has timed out. If I could get this answered, I would purchase the software. I even sent a note to the app owner but have had no response. (I believe I had the right address.)

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
EV is Easy Viewer. It is the name of the app. From there it has 4 "sub apps" EV Phone, EV-Alarm Clock , EV-Calendar, and EV-Contacts, each having its own icon. Every time I open EV-Contacts the vibrate icon shows and the volume gets switched off.

Within the app, it tells me that CellSoft Inc is the company name for it and I found them on the wed but they do not respond to my e-mail requests.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As you probably have realized, it's most likely an issue with that app. I assume you've explored its settings exhaustively to see if there's an option to turn off that behavior?

Unfortunately, I don't have much else to suggest besides keep trying to contact the developer. I can't find that app in Google Play Store--is that where you installed it from? Maybe the company no longer exists.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi again Emero! I can see that you're still having a hard time with EV. This time most likely is going to be a settings problem, as B. Diddy said. Look for a quiet /vibration mode in the app. Or maybe you just found another bug. Hard to say.

There are other apps / launchers that could give you a better experience. There are some good reviews for Big launcher, wiser, Necta, ... Some of them are free and all of them offer a simple UI and big fonts.

Have a look before buying EV. Maybe your problem is just a question of finding the right settings or maybe the app is not so good.

Another thing to do could be opening a thread here asking for recommendations for this kind of apps and wait for someone who use them. Try to be clear on the title.

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
It was recommended, here I believe, and I found it in "Play Store" on my phone.

It is not such a problem anymore as the app has expired due to nonpayment. $5 is not all that much though. It is interesting that with all my tries to get response on this, apparently no one else sees/knows the problem. With it expired, settings are not available anymore.

It did have an option to turn off vibrate but I never had a chance to set it.

What do you think might happen if I delete and reinstall it? Will the system remember that I have already used the app? Maybe I can use another 21 days to test the set up. I don't expect it for free but would like something that works.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac