My screen is black and I can't get it to turn on

A

AC Question

How do I turn my screen on when it's black? I tried power, holding power down for 10 seconds, holding power with the volume button, and the home and back buttons light up for a second, but then go away and the screen stays black.

I haven't tried taking the battery out, because I don't know how to do that either. So, another question, how do you take the battery out of GS5?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happened that led to the screen going black? Did it cut out all of a sudden? Did the phone get really warm? Were you playing a specific game? Do you remember what the battery was at when it cut out?

Have you tried keeping it plugged into a wall outlet for 10-12 hours, undisturbed, to make sure it's completely charged up?

To remove the battery, look at page 12 of the manual: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...5054/SM-G900F_UM_EU_Kitkat_Eng_D06_140312.pdf. When you take it out, lay it flat on a table and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a sign of a failing battery--you should try a new one.

gogwenjen

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for getting back to me. My phone was in my purse, and when I went to get it out to message someone, it wouldn't turn on. I hadn't had any problems previously in the day, or at all. I've only had the phone for a month, so the battery should be fine. Not quite sure what to do.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Pulling the battery can be helpful if the phone is frozen for whatever reason. It reboots the phone and stops whatever process was causing the freeze. Keep an eye out for it happening again, and see if it seems associated with any particular app.

gdjenkins10

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I had the black logon screen issue for the last month or so. I tried many key combos to wake the screen up. It appears the update Verizon pushed out about 1 week ago resolved that problem. I had the black screen issue multiple times a day before the update but not a single time since the update. I did have to pull my battery yesterday for the 1st time since putting on the wireless cover. The logon screen was visible but would not accept input. Hopefully this is not a regular occurance. Another issue since the update is Bluetooth is not working reliably. Trade offs on problems

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad