Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul Ellis1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 or note 2?

Need a backup phone. I can get both phones for about $150—$175 each unlocked, can anyone with experience push me in a direction?

Since I have a bigger phone I'm already leaning towards a nexus 4 or moto G

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

Default Re: Nexus 4 or note 2?

Outta all 3, I'd get the Moto G. It has the best specs & will see more updates.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

I have virtually the same mini dilemna.

I sold a GS2 and need to replace it for my 2nd payg sim. I am using a candy bar Samsung in the meantime and it's great for calls and texts, nicely made, massive battery life and tiny. I may not buy anything.

I was thinking Moto G 8gb, 16gb or 8gb LTE with sd slot. Also like the Sony Xperia SP, but realised I can get a very good used Nexus 4 for a little more. Surprisingly a grade A condition used GS3 is way above my UK budget, the GS4 about 50-60 more again.
    I downloaded the Moto G manual and tried in store. I don't know, good spec and all that but...
    I could not get a Note 2 for less than 300+. If you can get a very good Note 2 for that money it's the best phone, though will run out of updates sooner. You say you already have a big phone, and I have a Note 3. For me there's also a HTC Desire 610 and Sony M2 and L. I can get a blue Moto G flip cover case for only £5, so maybe -
    Not much help to you really. Be good to know what you eventually choose.

Note 2 a good option considering my UK model got 4.4.2 a few days ago. Doubt it'll get any more updates but that should see it run well for a while

Posted via Android Central App
    Madd54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smply_Rcklss View Post
    Outta all 3, I'd get the Moto G. It has the best specs & will see more updates.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸
    Moto g over the Nexus 4? No way. The Nexus 4 is an awesome device. Although dated still a really good buy.

Scribbled on my Galaxy Note 3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm leaning towards the red nexus 5. Man that phone looks hot.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

If you like storage the note 2 is the way to go. The nexus 4 has very limited storage capacity and has no 4g LTE support.

Posted via the Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I don't need 4g support. I need a backup phone that I can use while riding my motorcycle us my DD has expandable memory. I usually go for rides on back roads or county roads so my current DD goes in and out of 4g constantly.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC