Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default s 2 samsung constant download attempts

how do i stop this thing from trying to download something which starts with
    sometimes - female for spanish(s.... - and other times -female for german(g.... -
    i cant get the whole address so i cant even find it on the net to see what it is. but it keeps trying to download and i have to cut off from the net connection and then i times out
    much thanx
    brian

Default Re: s 2 samsung constant download attempts

Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, I'm not quite understanding you. The phone is actually trying to download a file, or is it trying to open a website in your browser? What's this about "femail for spanish(s"?

Chances are that you either have some adware or malware on your phone. Try installing a good antimalware app like Malwarebytes and running a scan. Also try something like Lookout's Ad Network Scanner & Detector.

You might have to consider a factory reset, which means you'll lose your data--backup as much as you can first. Also, go to Settings>Backup & Reset, and uncheck "Automatically Restore." When you reset, I think this will prevent your apps from automatically reinstalling, which you wouldn't want to occur if one of them is malicious.