I have just purchased a Nexus 7 2013 and it is running Android 4.3. I have not installed the system upgrades as I have read that there are problems with battery life, BBC iplayer and other things. I have now got two downloads to install. Firstly when will I know that all is well with KItKat and it is prudent for me to go ahead with the installs? I, presently, have two system updates to install. How do I know which is the older file to install which I assume should be installed first? I assume if updates are installed in the wrong sequence that would be likely to cause problems.
- 08-07-2014, 11:18 PM #2
Welcome to Android Central! I personally have had zero problems with KitKat, and in general, they are fairly uncommonly reported on these forums. I'm not sure how the two update notifications are appearing for you--are you looking at Settings>About Tablet>System Updates? Try updating from that screen.
- 08-09-2014, 05:16 PM #3
- 2 Posts
Thanks for the reply. The BBC iplayer website states that there are problems with Nexus and running KitKat. Are you using a Nexus 7? Have you experienced the well reported problems with BBC iplayer? I have just purchased a Nexus 7 and it is running android 4.3 and all appears to be well. I am most reluctant to upgrade and find I have problems.
- 08-09-2014, 06:22 PM #4
- 08-09-2014, 06:42 PM #5
- By Sonofaperson in forum LG Optimus GReplies: 5Last Post: 06-08-2015, 06:17 PM
- By CalifLove in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 09-22-2014, 04:22 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-14-2014, 01:23 AM
- By steve1279 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 08-10-2014, 10:41 AM
- By naullsy1985 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2014, 02:45 PM