Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Taking photos without using plan

I would like to know I want to buy a Samsung Galaxy S5 to be used in Ophthalmology office to take pictures through
    slit lamp. I already have a phone adapter for the slit lamp. My question is can I use the phone to take photos and not have a
    data plan, I could manually connects phone to computer to transfer photos from phone to patients EMR chart?
    I have Iphone but because the camera lens is in corner it off kilters on the slit lamp. But the Samsung camera lens is in middle
    of phone it would work better?

Any ideas out there?

Jamie Coley
    Puerto Rico
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Re: Taking photos without using plan

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I would like to know I want to buy a Samsung Galaxy S5 to be used in Ophthalmology office to take pictures through slit lamp. I already have a phone adapter for the slit lamp. My question is can I use the phone to take photos and not have a data plan
    Yes.

I could manually connects phone to computer to transfer photos from phone to patients EMR chart?
    If the patient's EMR chart is on a desktop or laptop computer in your ophthalmology office: yes.
    But you can also do it wireless (and for free) if you have internet-connected WiFi in your ophthalmology office. Recommended.

I have Iphone but because the camera lens is in corner it off kilters on the slit lamp. But the Samsung camera lens is in middle of phone it would work better?
    You can judge that better than we can if you have researched and tested it.

Default Re: Taking photos without using plan

Most(all?) phone companies in the U.S. will not sell a subsidized smart phone without a data plan. If you were to buy an non-subsidized S5, it will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $600, possibly more due to being on an island.
    In theory, you do not need a data plan to take and transfer pictures with the S5 using a USB cable, but in practice, I don't think any phone provider will allow you to have a smart phone without a data plan.