Taking photos without using plan
I would like to know I want to buy a Samsung Galaxy S5 to be used in Ophthalmology office to take pictures through
slit lamp. I already have a phone adapter for the slit lamp. My question is can I use the phone to take photos and not have a
data plan, I could manually connects phone to computer to transfer photos from phone to patients EMR chart?
I have Iphone but because the camera lens is in corner it off kilters on the slit lamp. But the Samsung camera lens is in middle
of phone it would work better?
Any ideas out there?
- 08-07-2014, 08:59 AM #2
Re: Taking photos without using planI could manually connects phone to computer to transfer photos from phone to patients EMR chart?
But you can also do it wireless (and for free) if you have internet-connected WiFi in your ophthalmology office. Recommended.I have Iphone but because the camera lens is in corner it off kilters on the slit lamp. But the Samsung camera lens is in middle of phone it would work better?
- 08-07-2014, 09:03 AM #3
Re: Taking photos without using plan
Most(all?) phone companies in the U.S. will not sell a subsidized smart phone without a data plan. If you were to buy an non-subsidized S5, it will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $600, possibly more due to being on an island.
In theory, you do not need a data plan to take and transfer pictures with the S5 using a USB cable, but in practice, I don't think any phone provider will allow you to have a smart phone without a data plan.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-29-2016, 12:35 AM
- By alicenyc in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 3Last Post: 08-13-2014, 07:49 PM
- By goin_nil in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 3Last Post: 08-08-2014, 04:21 PM
- By firefight352 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 6Last Post: 08-07-2014, 12:38 PM
- By zaydabarber in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2014, 08:37 AM