Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Storage Problem in Micromax Canvas a120 Colours

I just purchased a Micromax a120 Colours, i installed some apps and it went into my phone storage(fb, whatsapp), and now i cannot move it, I read many forums and found that there's already an internal storage in which we can save apps. Now the problem with my cell is that I have a PHONE STORAGE OF .89 GB(free space- 40MB, Filled space-897MB) and INTERNAL STORAGE OF 5 GB(free space-3.59GB). Now I looked for everywhere in my phone to move apps from phone storage to Internal Memory, but i am not able to find it. PLEASE HELP.

Default Re: Storage Problem in Micromax Canvas a120 Colours

Welcome to Android Central! Moving apps to SD (which usually means the "internal SD," aka internal storage) is not supported by all devices. It only moves a portion of the app anyway, so you won't necessarily free up that much space. See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html

How to data in indernal sd card

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I just purchased a Micromax a120 Colours, i installed some apps and it went into my phone storage(fb, whatsapp), and now i cannot move it, I read many forums and found that there's already an internal storage in which we can save apps. Now the problem with my cell is that I have a PHONE STORAGE OF .89 GB(free space- 40MB, Filled space-897MB) and INTERNAL STORAGE OF 5 GB(free space-3.59GB). Now I looked for everywhere in my phone to move apps from phone storage to Internal Memory, but i am not able to find it. PLEASE HELP.

Storage Problem in Micromax Canvas a120 Colours

I had similar issue with Micromax A120. First I have rooted my phone with root genius.
    Second : Partition memory card with mini tool partition wizard in ext4 format with 1GB and select both partition as primary.(Other file format, viz. ext2, ext3, fat or r2fs can't be used)
    Third: Install Link2sd from play store.
    Forth: Open Link2sd and select ext4 to create mount script and reboot.
    Last: Start Link2sd and select applications which you want to link (not move to sd).
    Note: I have used 1GB for partition. You can use higher memory at your own risk. If anything goes wrong do not blame me as I did it in my own risk to my phone.

Please sort out my problem

I too had the same problem. I tried experimenting and found a way around it. Upgrade your firmware to "Agua Rio" based firmware. I am using Agua Rio based Cleankat. Now I have no internal memory only 5.9 gb phone memory. Storage Problem in Micromax Canvas a120 Colours-screenshot_2015-04-16-23-01-50.png

Quote Originally Posted by Saikat Dey1 View Post
    I too had the same problem. I tried experimenting and found a way around it. Upgrade your firmware to "Agua Rio" based firmware. I am using Agua Rio based Cleankat. Now I have no internal memory only 5.9 gb phone memory. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-16-23-01-50.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	172020

Can you please explain in detail how you managed to do this?
    Thanks in advance

can u pls explain how did u do this? mixing internal sd card n phone storage to a single memory... how to upgrade firmware?

I know how to increase the app memory without rooting....... If you have a system and internet connection I'll do it for you...... But it's Chargable.... Rs. 500/-.... I have done it successfully in my phone......contact me in watsapp no :08148719780...