android box m8 - Help please

lizsmith469

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Please can someone help. I have xmbc android box. Not all video streams (or webcams, such as London, Paris, etc) play. They say missing plug in. Some streams work in Puffin browser. Two questions please;

1. How do I set a site (cam, etc) to automatically open in one browser, and another site to open automatically in another browser. I don't want to have to go into my apps folder and select a different browser each time.

2. There is a page of cameras which open in VLC or Windows media player only (not in the Chrome or android browsers). A message comes up saying, "needs VLC WEB PLUG IN, to make it run". I want the cams to open automatically in a browser when I go to the website. Can I do this.

Thank you,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It may be difficult for people to help because you have a fairly little-known "no-name" device that probably doesn't have very good support from its own manufacturer, and there aren't many of us out here who also have direct experience with it.

My guess is that the video streams you're trying to access on your browser require Flash, which is no longer supported in Android. You might be able to do a workaround. Start with this: Manually install on Android devices. If that doesn't help, Google "how to install Flash on Android."

lizsmith469

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that, have installed adobe flash, but the web cams on some sites still don't show the live footage. A message comes up where the player should be saying, "missing plug-in". I assume that if we somehow knew what plug-in is required, we could apply it.
Any ideas please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech