Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default How to install previous Google Maps Version?

Hey guys I just bought a new android phone, a Moto Mini and I want to install a previous version of the Google maps application, namely, 6.14.3, I downloaded the apk from a site but when I go to install it says "application not installed" anyone know why?

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts

Default Re: How to install previous Google Maps Version?

Make sure in your security settings you've enabled "install apps from unknown sources".

If that doesn't work, go into your app manager and click the option to uninstall updates from Google Maps, and then try installing the apk.
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hey guys I just bought a new android phone, a Moto Mini and I want to install a previous version of the Google maps application, namely, 6.14.3, I downloaded the apk from a site but when I go to install it says "application not installed" anyone know why?
    Are you sure Google Maps v. 6.14.3 is compatible with your Moto Mini and your version of Android?

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts

And just curious....why would you want to use such an old version?

cpaight is somewhat right I believe but I think it goes a bit farther. You may need to have the apk for that version of GMaps but you may also need to have one that is compatible with your Moto Mini. While Android is pretty universal, and Google owning and controlling Android also universal, each device utilizes apps differently and there may be subtle differences that make the apk you have incompatible with your device. This is why some apps don't appear in say a person with a Moto X's Play Store from a person with a Moto Max, or a person with a S5. You don't see these exclusions until you change to a new device and that app you really liked doesn't show up in your Play Store anymore. Some apps crossover with differences in revision levels and some don't crossover at all.

If you follow the second piece of advice and just uninstall the updates do you know what version you will end up with? Why don't you want the update? Perhaps you are looking at this from the wrong side and would be better served to accept the update and find a workaround for what it is that you want or don't want in the newer version.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Hi, i am a professional driver and its easier for me to see the 3 route choices in the previous version while I'm driving. In the new version its much harder and too complex.