Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Texting issues! Apple phone converted to Samsung Galaxy 5S

So I was a sheeple and had an iphone previously (and still have my ipad) - most of my friends still have an iphone....when some of them text me it is going to my ipad and not my GALAXY
    phone - how do I fix this? I have had them delete my contact and re enter it and ensure the tag by my number says mobile or phone vs iphone and I am still having this issue. In some cases I am not getting any texts from iphone users. It si so frustrating.

Next question completely off topic - can my Gramin heart rate monitor be integrated / used for the heart rate tracking on this phone so I can see all my runs/walks AND when I check in (ie resting heart rate etc.)???

Any help???

Default Re: Texting issues! Apple phone converted to Samsung Galaxy 5S

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    So I was a sheeple and had an iphone previously (and still have my ipad) - most of my friends still have an iphone....when some of them text me it is going to my ipad and not my GALAXY
    phone - how do I fix this? I have had them delete my contact and re enter it and ensure the tag by my number says mobile or phone vs iphone and I am still having this issue. In some cases I am not getting any texts from iphone users. It si so frustrating.

Any help???
    iMessage is the problem. Try some of these solutions - Not getting texts after switching to Android from iPhone

I'm assuming that you haven't changed carriers, correct. I believe the long and short answer to this is iMessage. In the past I've seen posts about people using Apple's off network (WiFi) texting feature having difficulty sending texts to Android users. Regular texts would go through but not messages sent as iMessages over WiFi. I unfortunately don't remember any work-arounds for this other than sending texts normally using the network. There is an app that claims to allow Android users to receive iMessages you can find it in the link below.

iMessage on Android | Download iMessage for Android
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts