Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default System Data is ridiculous

I just got an LG Lucid 3 and I love it but I noticed I was running low on storage since everything is stuck on the internal storage and then I noticed that the Misc. files was 4 gigs, when I looked into it I saw system data on top. It can't be looked into or anything of that sort. I have tried to look into it with rooting and I still have no idea what it is or how to shrink it. Any help would be appreciated.

Global Posts
    9,143 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

Default Re: System Data is ridiculous

Welcome to AC
    Download a file explorer and sort your data so that you can see the largest files first. If it's 4GB then it's probably going to be listed at the top and you can delete it that way.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Here are some screenshots of it. I used disc usage and found some files that were kinda large (100MB-200MB) and that dropped it but I am unable to find a particularly large file or a huge collection of small ones.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails System Data is ridiculous-14278.jpg   System Data is ridiculous-14280.jpg  
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

One thing I forgot to mention is that after clearing those files, the system data climbed back up, I still have enough space though I would like those gigabytes back.

I imagine System Data is the OS and if you got rid of that to gain storage space it would be like removing the engine of a car to save weight.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It was not there when I first got the phone and while in part it may be that, it has been fluctuating in size and I want to know if there is something that can be deleted. If not I'll just hope that Andoid L brings back proper SD card usage.

I was thinking 3.56GB sounds about right for OS, but I could very well be wrong.

...Fluctuations caused by backups, perhaps?

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I'm beginning to think it may be the OS and I'll just need to wait for Android L.