Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default App's appear uninstalled after being moved to SD Card

I have a Galaxy S4, and I put a lot of music on my SD Card with Winamp on my PC (I plugged it in my SD Card Reader). I haven't been able to find any of the music I just transferred to the SD card, even though Winamp said it went through without a problem.

Later, I tried moving some applications on my phone through settings (and app2sd) onto my SD card. They seemed to transfer alright, but when I looked later (after restarting, I think), they all show up as grey icons with a picture of an sd card on them. When I try to open them from my home page, they say "application not installed."

I looked at the SD card again on my computer, and the LOST.DIR folder seemed to be holding quite a few files (4 gigs, which seems about right for all of the info that got lost). Is there an easy way for me to reinstate my applications? I'm not as worried about my music. Thanks!

Global Posts
    8,651 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: App's appear uninstalled after being moved to SD Card

Most apps no longer support being moved to the SD card, so that's probably what's making it appear as uninstalled. I'd delete the files from the SD card and reinstall the apps.

Are you unable to find the music on the SD card when in the phone or on the PC?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: App's appear uninstalled after being moved to SD Card

I can't find the music on either my phone or my pc. Is there any way to know, for the future, which apps I can move to my SD card and which I cant?