Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By belodion
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default problem with galaxy s4

Hey guys.
    I just had to replace the housing of my s4 and it all seemed to go ok. After I finished I went to turn it on and the screen will not come on. I hear sounds and so on dut nothing on the screen. At one time it flashed for a second then went black again. Any help?

Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: problem with galaxy s4

If I may ask, what was the reason for replacing the casing, and was the phone working normally with the old casing?

Posted via Android Central App

...And, Welcome!

Posted via Android Central App
    Kim Wolfenden likes this.

Welcome to AC
    Did you do the replacing yourself or did you send it back to be repaired?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I droped my phone and the housing was damaged. It worked fine. I had my old blackberry and did the same with it so I thought no big deal. Well it might of been. I did it myself. I reopend it to make sure it was put back together right and it all seemed good.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

My husband is a member here but he is not here and I don't know his username. So I thought I would sign up. Thanks for any help you could give me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Wolfenden View Post
    I droped my phone and the housing was damaged. It worked fine. I had my old blackberry and did the same with it so I thought no big deal. Well it might of been. I did it myself. I reopend it to make sure it was put back together right and it all seemed good.

Hmm. Well, if it's not working it's probably something wrong with how it was put back together. Do you have insurance/warranty you can use to get it fixed?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Hmm. Well, if it's not working it's probably something wrong with how it was put back together. Do you have insurance/warranty you can use to get it fixed?
    Yes. We got our phones though target and we got insurance though them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Wolfenden View Post
    Yes. We got our phones though target and we got insurance though them as well.
    After you trying your hand at it, I'd suggest making a claim with your insurance company (not sure what Target uses). Don't want to make it any worse

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2