Trying to understand value

A

AC Question

I am in the market for a new phone but before I make a purchase for a used phone, I need to know a few things.

First off, I am looking to purchase a Droide Razr Maxx. I know that it is 3 years old, so how can I determine its value?

Second, what would be the best way to go about negotiating with a stubborn seller? For example, what facts do I need to know in order to get a fair deal?

And third, what questions do I need to ask about the product in order to insure I'm not getting ripped off?

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Value Seeker

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The original Razr Maxx is more than 2 years old, and having owned one, I'd caution you against buying a used one. My Razr Maxx became quite laggy after about 14-16 months, which didn't improve after a factory reset. I still have it as a media device, and it's still excessively laggy, even with minimal apps installed. This is not an isolated occurrence, as you can tell by reading posts in the Razr Maxx forum.

If you're looking for a good value, consider the Moto G, which starts at $179 brand new direct from Motorola. Moto G by Motorola

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
He has a razr maxx, which means that he is probably on Verizon. Assuming that he is on Verizon, Unless something has changed, the Verizon moto g is prepaid only (or has to be used prepaid for at least 6 months). It is also 3g only and Verizon 3g can be pretty slow compared to 4GLTE.

Also your link goes to the gsm moto g which won't work on Verizon. This is the phone that he would need for verizon (prepaid only)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com/prepaid/smartphone-plans/&token=XDwP40WX

If he were to move to a GSM carrier then the Moto g is fine.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah, good point--I should've thought of that.:'( Still, there's got to be a better value phone out there than an old Razr Maxx ...

No argument there. The razr maxx is sluggish by todays standards. I wouldn't recommend it. I saw dna for $150 on Swappa in good condition, not bad choice, in the price range, and imo, a good bang for the buck. No xlte support, if that is important to you, though the razr maxx doesn't support xlte either

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital