- 2 Posts
Odd website in Chrome, possible malware on LG Nexus 5?
Yesterday I opened Chrome and noticed some pornsite I hadn't opened was open in a tab. I don't recall clicking on an ad by accident or doing anything else that could've opened a site in Chrome, haven't installed any apps outside the Play Store etc. so I'm curious where that came from.
I haven't installed a virus scan, but I'll do so in a minute and run a scan. I'm pretty sure my Android is up to date.
As someone who's new to Android and easily paranoid I'd like to know a few things, all answers are greatly appreciated.
1. What could've caused this site to open, other than me clicking an ad by accident
2. Is running a virus scan sufficient, and what virus scan would you recommend
3. How can I find out if my phone has been infected in any way
4. Should I do a soft reset, hard reset or nothing of the kind
Thank you so much in advance, I'm a bit worried about this.
- 08-08-2014, 07:46 AM #2
Re: Odd website in Chrome, possible malware on LG Nexus 5?
One thing you ought to do, I think, is report it to Google:
Posted via Android Central App
- By Lyle DylandY in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2014, 07:01 PM
- By modernenglish in forum Android Security TalkReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 08:33 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 05:37 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 04:20 AM
- By apieiron in forum Android App InventorReplies: 0Last Post: 08-08-2014, 03:08 AM