- 1 Posts
Galaxy S5 really lagging, no update available and virus scan is clean.
I have been having this problem with my phone for a few days now and I haven't been able to figure out what to do to fix the issue without having to go back to the store and pay for a refurbished one. when texting, I type a sentence and notice the phone freezes up, then the letters appear, almost like when a computer lags and then you see what you typed. Moving forward, I have noticed that when I reset the phone it fixes the lagging issues but, it doesn't last long. I did drop the phone down the stairs and then a few days after it started freaking out, could this have caused the problems? there are no updates available and the virus scan says the phone is clean and protected. can anyone help or provide some knowledge on how to fix it? or if its even fixable.
thanks in advance,
- 09-08-2014, 02:36 AM #2
Re: Galaxy S5 really lagging, no update available and virus scan is clean.
Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support.
If that doesn't help, try booting into Safe Mode to see if something you installed is slowing things down. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then an app you installed is the culprit. Steps for Safe Mode are at the bottom of the above linked article.
You could also try unmounting the SD card (in Settings>Storage), removing it, and rebooting. A corrupt card can cause various issues.
- By RoystonB in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 10Last Post: 09-15-2014, 09:18 AM
- By giper54 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 12:43 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 07:40 AM
- By Dennis Liem in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 07:16 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-08-2014, 07:13 AM