Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" message after loading modded setting APK

I tried to black out some things per this guide:
    <link removed by moderator>

It involves replacing some original apk's with some modded black themed ones. I was stupid and didn't back up any of the original apk's. It was all for nothing as nothing got blacked out and the original apk's stuck, however, I can no longer access my settings. I get the "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." message every time I attempt to open the setting menu.

What should I do to fix this? I looked for the original SecSettings.apk for our phone to try and reverse what I had done and I could not find it online. Would this fix the problem? If so where can I find this? If not, what can I do?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    30,922 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" message after loading modded setting APK

You may have to reflash a stock ROM in order to get everything correct again.

Default Re: "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" message after loading modded setting APK

What if you factory reset the phone and you no longer have USB debugging enable?