Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question pop up ads on my tablet. I keep getting a whole screen pop up that takes over my screen

I'm somewhat technically impaired and thought I should get that out of the way. The pop ups just keep loading (many on the sides of the screen) when I start browsing a page. The screen and whatever I want to read goes up and down so many times before I can read my page I want to give my
    tablet hammer therapy. The across the screen ones are also incredibly irritating and nearly impossible to x out. Lastly, and this is a big one. When I'm on a website all of sudden a tab (website) shows on top next to the tab (website) I'm reading such as a news article. It immediately takes over the entire screen and is some freaking pop up about about baking soda animated with real people. The other one is something about lumber. I close it as soon as I see it on top but not always fast enough. WTH? I see dozens of recommendations that may but is there a consensus what would be best to help someone like me a little less tech savvy? Has anyone had the screen takeover about baking soda? I don't normally download apps except one about weather. No games. Thank you

Default Re: pop up ads on my tablet. I keep getting a whole screen pop up that takes over my screen

Welcome to Android Central! This is only when you're using your browser, right? Which browser are you using? Most have an option to block popups. In Chrome, tap Menu, then Settings>Content Settings>Block Pop-ups.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.

Default Re: pop up ads on my tablet. I keep getting a whole screen pop up that takes over my screen

I'm using Google? I believe it already came on my samsung tablet

ROM
    Tapatalk Signature~

Sounds like you have an app that produces needless ads. Go over what apps you have installed, and nit pick through them, and uninstall the app that you would think to be producing the ads.

If the weather app is truly the only app you have installed, then theres your answer. Delete that spam ad producing SOB.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by vfsurvivor View Post
    I'm using Google? I believe it already came on my samsung tablet
    Devices can come with one or more browsers. Do you tap an icon that says "Internet" or "Browser"? If so, that's the stock Browser. Chrome is Google's main browser, and has more functions than the stock Browser--you'd be tapping an icon called "Chrome" if you're using it.

In any case, if you're only getting these popups when using the browser, then it probably has more to do with the sites you're visiting than some other app. Make sure the browser's Block Popup setting is turned on, as I mentioned above.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I'm somewhat technically impaired and thought I should get that out of the way. The pop ups just keep loading (many on the sides of the screen) when I start browsing a page. The screen and whatever I want to read goes up and down so many times before I can read my page I want to give my
    tablet hammer therapy. The across the screen ones are also incredibly irritating and nearly impossible to x out. Lastly, and this is a big one. When I'm on a website all of sudden a tab (website) shows on top next to the tab (website) I'm reading such as a news article. It immediately takes over the entire screen and is some freaking pop up about about baking soda animated with real people. The other one is something about lumber. I close it as soon as I see it on top but not always fast enough. WTH? I see dozens of recommendations that may but is there a consensus what would be best to help someone like me a little less tech savvy? Has anyone had the screen takeover about baking soda? I don't normally download apps except one about weather. No games. Thank you
    Try download antivirus just in case of malware.

The spams and ads didn't just come out of nowhere. Many times it's the junk app that you have downloaded. Crappy apps produce spam, ad, makes your phone act up, lag, etc.