Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default LG G3 - world clock widget that will show two time zones?

Hello,

I just got the G3 - my previous phone was HTC.
    I was googling around a little and couldn't find an answer to this question:
    I'd like to have two clocks on the phone's home page - current location and another place (where my family lives).
    The only result I found when looking for something like this was "Bob's world clock", and I wondered if I could retain the time+weather widget that came with the phone, and just add the additional location so both are shown. is there a way?

Thanks!

Default Re: LG G3 - world clock widget that will show two time zones?

Wonderful phone, eh? I've got one myself.
    There's a clock in the G3's widget locker that shows more than one time...no good to you?

Posted via Android Central App

it is lovely :-)
    I added that clock to the home page, but even though I chose two locations in the world clock, it only shows one, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    another question would be - I really like the smart notice, but it comes with one clock and the basic weather information - I wondered if I could replace that with a double clock and a third party weather widgets that gives better information, but again, couldn't figure it out through settings (I feel slightly dumb by not figuring this out myself )

You're right about the widget locker clock....no matter how carefully you long-press and move it, the smaller time zones indications disappear.
    You could set more than one time in the Clock app, have the icon on the home screen, then open the app to see the times...not as convenient, but perhaps better than nothing. Possibly you are doing this already.
    The Smart Notice weather and clock feature can be removed to another home page by long-pressing and sliding upwards, but you probably also know this. Yes, I imagine that would make space for two clocks set to different time zones.

Hey, I just figured it out!! Also, I have an LG G3.
    Just pull down the knock screen or whatever you have as a passcode. Give it a couple swipes up and down until you get the hang of it. =)
    For some reason, I cant display multiple timezones on the homescreen even though the widget shows that it can. Any ideas?

^^^Welcome to the Forums!

Straightaway, I'm going to recommend that you repost in the LG G3 forum, where there are geniuses who will probably be able to answer your question. I often post there myself, but I am not one of the geniuses.☺