Need help with my samsung galaxy ace 5830

A

AC Question

Hi, I need help with my samsung galaxy ace 5830. I never made any update/upgrade change to this phone ever since I bought it. I am no techie and thought to upgrade the phone today. Came across a YouTube video and without doing required homework (no rooting, no CWM Recovery) I downloaded the Cynogen Mode 10 on SD card and simply updated the phone with Cynogen. Now the phone is stuck on Samsung Logo screen on reboot. After going thru the blogs I realized that indeed it was a dumb rather stupid move. Can you please help me to put my phone in working condition (no matter which version :) )

Thanks a zillion

Romi kaushil

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi GolfDriver - Thanks for the reply. I tried the option you suggested after going thru few blogs explaining how to do it. But after hitting the start button in Odin, its stuck at setup connection. Below the list of messages that are available in odin and its not moving forward. Suggestions please...

Many Thanks

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> PDA_S5830i_XXLI1.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> MODEM_S5830i_DDLI1.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> CSC_S5830i_ODDLI1.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..

RSFRC

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
When downloading a custom ROM, make sure it is for your model. There are two Galaxy Ace models: one is the original S5830 with Qualcomm chipset (codename Cooper), and the other one is the S5830i with Broadcom chipset (codename Cooperve). Cooper has better development due to the availability of Qualcomm's sources. There are even stable CM11 ROMs for it. On the other hand, Cooperve only has stable CM7. Newer CM versions for it are very unstable.

About Odin, make sure you have installed Samsung drivers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77