Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What happened to the "Photos" app?

I got a new phone and the Photos app isn't on it. I can access all of my photos on Google+ but it's much more convenient to access them directly from the Photos app. On my old phone (galaxy 3) the app is still there with all of my photos. Can I get it on my new phone (galaxy mega)? Please help. Thanks

Global Posts
    20,738 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: What happened to the "Photos" app?

That's strange as it should be in there. Dumb question, but can you access Photos through the Gallery app?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes. But the thing is that I erased all of the Photos on my sd card and unless I take a new pic I can only see pics in Google+. I connected my galaxy 3 to my mobile hotspot and the Photos app is still there even after the system update I did on it yesterday... with all of my photos.

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    20,738 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Merah3782 View Post
    Yes. But the thing is that I erased all of the Photos on my sd card and unless I take a new pic I can only see pics in Google+. I connected my galaxy 3 to my mobile hotspot and the Photos app is still there even after the system update I did on it yesterday... with all of my photos.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I'm sorry for not being clear...I was thinking that maybe the Photos app was merged with the Gallery app.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

If you have Google+, it should be there. Alternatively, if you're using a launcher like Nova or Apex, maybe you can create a shortcut that takes you directly to Photos?
    Party like a Ninja Star

Quote Originally Posted by marcus.plans View Post
    If you have Google+, it should be there. Alternatively, if you're using a launcher like Nova or Apex, maybe you can create a shortcut that takes you directly to Photos?
    Exactly, Photos is part of Google+. If you have disabled or removed Google+, then you also disabled/removed Photos.

Posted via Android Central App