Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aStryker
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Notification Always Showing 1%?

I have the AT&T edition of the M8. Unlocked-bootloader, rooted, running Viperone 1.8.0. I decided to update my Xposed Framework today so I could download some modules. I updated it, downloaded xblast tools, and rebooted to enable it. When the phone rebooted, the battery showed 1% (it was at around 60% before this). I charged for ~30 minutes and it didn't change. It's been 2 hours and the phone hasn't died, and I can still use the LED flashlight, so I know the battery isn't actually discharged. I did a factory reset then restored from a backup I made two days ago and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Battery Notification Always Showing 1%?

Calibrate battery perhaps?

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'll try that. Should I let it die, then fully charge, then calibrate? I've been trying to use the most battery intensive settings all day to kill it so it should die soon.

EDIT: Phone finally died (funny how I can't kill it when I actually need too...), the problem appears to be fixed. I'll update once the phone is fully charged. Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by aStryker; 08-09-2014 at 10:38 PM.

You seem like a phone genius to me from your first post, I would have said killing the battery was a bad idea but I'm probably wrong....this guy seems to say the same as you:

http://androidwidgetcenter.com/andro...droid-battery/

...but if you drain a battery to 0%, isn't it possible it will fail to recharge at all?

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Haha I'm definitely not great with phones but I'm getting there. Killing the battery worked. Once it died I charged it and the percentage started to go up. Just to be safe I calibrated at 100%, let it die, charged fully, and calibrated again. Everything seems to be working fine.

Yeah, I didn't really think of that until after it died. Luckily everything turned out alright. The phone appeared to be charging before it died anyway (orange LED came on, third party apps recognized charging) but the percentage simply wouldn't change.

Again, thanks for all of your help!
    belodion likes this.