Two Gmail Icons

A

AC Question

I saw another person wanted to know if you could have two....and I do. I'm trying to get rid of one of them. I have one gmail account and on my phone I have two icons...an envelope with a red M inside, and an envelope that is closed, no M. The one with the red M inside is the one that's like my account on my computer. The closed envelope always shows I have a ton of emails and I've already dealt with thim at the red M icon. I need as instant as possible notification of emails and I finally think I have it set up, but I don't want to keep getting two notifications for the same emails....a few seconds or more apart. There is a place to delete the account in the closed envelope but won't that delete the red M icon gmail as well?

Hope that made sense...thanks!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you have the stock app and the stock GMail app both active and sending notifications. The Red M app is GMail. The other is the stock app called Mail. Go into one of them and disable the notifications or go to your app manager and disable one of them. No more dual notifications.