Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Nexus 7 will not charge when docked

I place my Nexus 7 on the ASUS dock and the status immediately change to 'Charging' but it will continue to discharge at the normal rate. If I remove it from the dock (while 'not' charging) the status will stay as 'charging'. I have to turn it off and on to reset that
    I actually have to turn off the tablet to get it to charge in the dock.

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Nexus 7 will not charge when docked

They could be an app or service interfering with it charging without a reboot. Have you reset the device to see if it clears the problem?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Nexus 7 will not charge when docked

The charging problem seems deeper. I reboot (shut down, wait 30 sec, start) and then place it on the docking station. It recognizes the docking station immediately but do not charge even when indicating it is charging. I found out that if I then remove it from the docking station, the tablet still thinks(?) it's docked, I have to reboot to get the 'charging' status to change. I even connected it to the normal charging cable but it did not actually charge until I rebooted.

Update, My tablet is regressing. Now it will not charge even on cable unless it is turned off first. It will charge once it has rebooted but without any charging indication.