Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Crushed micro SD - Galaxy S3

Long story short, I was riding on a ATV and hydroplaned into a pine tree. Bailed out at the last second and my leg hit the steering wheel with my phone in the middle. I had it in a Lifeproof Nud but it took a direct screen shot and shattered everything. The impact was directly on top of the SD card mount. I tried to get the pics and stuff off but card gets extremely hot. I figure that it is shot, but I just want the pics and videos off (family trip to Disney is on there!) Any ideas of what I could do or who to take it to for help???

Thanks for any help in advance.

Lee
    Birmingham, AL

Default Re: Crushed micro SD - Galaxy S3

Are you saying you removed the SD card, put it into an adapter and then tried accessing the files on a PC?

If not, well then, that is what you need to do. Micro SD adapters are readily available for a few dollars; the most common ones convert the micro form to standard full size SD which many computers and most laptops have a built-in slot for. You can probably locate a Micro SD to USB converter as well if you don't have access to an SD slot.