Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Galaxy Victory powers down moments after turning on; need help ASAP!

Tonight, after sending a text, my phone's screen went black and turned off, would not turn back on until removing/replacing the battery.

The phone starts as soon as the battery is replaced, without any pressing of buttons. However, after showing the splash screen for a couple of seconds, the phone turns back off, and will not turn back on until the battery is removed again. I have entered both recovery and download modes; it successfully says it is entering said mode (or asks if I want to install a custom OS in download mode,) but after a couple of seconds turns off just the same, even while charging.

Please, any help would be very greatly appreciated, I have to work in approx. 9 hours and I NEED a working phone. Thanks.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Galaxy Victory powers down moments after turning on; need help ASAP!

After speaking with Samsung support staff, they gave me no answer or hint of an answer, besides telling me to send my phone in. I need a working phone by tomorrow, however, and I need to know if I should just call it a lost cause for now and activate an old Sprint phone.