Xperia C- Need to use external storage but only charges when connected to desktop
Hi. Whenever I connect my phone to my desktop using a usb cable, it only charges and I can't access my files. I reformatted my SD card then my phone suddenly can't connect to my laptop as external storage. Help
- my phone got reformatted just days ago by sony when it was stuck on the sony logo then the walkman app suddenly cant detect songs on my sd card
-unmounted then mounted sd card and restarted my phone
please i just need my desktop to connect to my phone thanks in advance!
- 08-10-2014, 02:35 AM #2
Re: Xperia C- Need to use external storage but only charges when connected to desktop
Welcome to Android Central! When you connect the phone via USB, do you see a USB connection notification in the notification bar? If so, swipe down the shade and tap the notification--can you select MTP or USB Mass Storage?
Have you tried a different cable? Cables can fail--I've had cables that could transmit data but not charge, so it's conceivable that it could fail the other way around.
- 08-10-2014, 08:56 AM #3
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-01-2015, 12:58 PM
- By bembol in forum BellReplies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2014, 12:03 PM
- By JellyJamStudios in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 08-10-2014, 06:11 AM
- By mark-green2 in forum Android GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 08-10-2014, 04:07 AM
- By Nathaniel Kaetzel in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2014, 11:01 PM