Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dpalaciosf
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung S5 sudden crashes

Hi everyone,

I bought a Galaxy S5 3-4 months ago, everything is smooth and perfect except for one detail, when I'm using the phone (especially when writing emails) the phone suddenly freezes and reboots, sometimes I even have to take the battery off and put it back on. I've tried re-installing the OS just as the Samsung support suggested but the problem persists. I don't want to take it to Samsung service as they will hold it for about 3 weeks.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Samsung S5 sudden crashes

Welcome to Android Central! First, try booting into Recovery Mode and wipe the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support.

If this doesn't help, try unmounting the SD card (in Settings>Storage) and removing it, since a corrupt SD card can cause various problems.

The hardest thing to check is if a particular app is misbehaving, because this can be difficult to pinpoint. Sometimes you have to uninstall apps one by one.

Thanks a lot!, seemed to solved it for now, Since I did the delete cache, I've only crashed once but I was not even using the phone. Will keep updated. Thanks again
    B. Diddy likes this.

Hi again,

My S5 continues to crash, I tried to completely erase all data to fabric state and use it, and it still crashes. Any ideas?

Try booting into Safe Mode (instructions at the bottom of that T-Mobile support document I linked previously). If the crashes continue, then something is wrong with the hardware or firmware. If the crashes stop, then something you've installed is causing problems.

I had to take it to Samsung support center, I will have it back in 3 days and will update on what the problem was. Thanks again