Samsung S5 sudden crashes

A

AC Question

Hi everyone,

I bought a Galaxy S5 3-4 months ago, everything is smooth and perfect except for one detail, when I'm using the phone (especially when writing emails) the phone suddenly freezes and reboots, sometimes I even have to take the battery off and put it back on. I've tried re-installing the OS just as the Samsung support suggested but the problem persists. I don't want to take it to Samsung service as they will hold it for about 3 weeks.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, try booting into Recovery Mode and wipe the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support.

If this doesn't help, try unmounting the SD card (in Settings>Storage) and removing it, since a corrupt SD card can cause various problems.

The hardest thing to check is if a particular app is misbehaving, because this can be difficult to pinpoint. Sometimes you have to uninstall apps one by one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode (instructions at the bottom of that T-Mobile support document I linked previously). If the crashes continue, then something is wrong with the hardware or firmware. If the crashes stop, then something you've installed is causing problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781