- 3 Posts
Damaged SD Card
My card has been damaged since Thursday. My phone died on me so when I charged it and my phone turned on, the little icon up at the top said damaged SD card. So I reformatted it, I took it out and put it back and nothing. It's still there. I have never had this happen before. What are the steps I can take to reformat this and get rid of the icon?
- 08-10-2014, 08:04 AM #2
- 08-10-2014, 12:28 PM #4
- 08-10-2014, 12:44 PM #5
Re: Damaged SD Card
If it is physically not damaged and you can connect it separately to a pc with an adapter, you can run chkdsk on it:
[GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card
But they do fail. Mine did after 18 months, though data was retrievable.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk ProExaggerating since 756 BC
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-10-2014, 03:55 AM
- By yadnom1973 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 08-09-2014, 08:37 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-09-2014, 05:32 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2014, 04:21 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-08-2014, 07:43 PM