I'm not receiving audible notification tone for a text while I'm on a call

fireballs10

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a Motorola Moto G with 4.4.2. Apparently the Moto G is not set up to allow audible notifications of texts while I'm on a phone call. I get the other kind of notification (icon on top left of home screen) but nothing audible, so unless I look at it regularly, I don't know I have them. I have tried Handcent to solve this, and it did, however it caused a glitch where I stopped receiving regular audible text notifications (when Im not on a call) and had to keep powering down and on several times a day to fix that, so I removed Handcent. Anyone know of another texting type app that will have a setting to receive audible notifications of texts while Im on a call? Thanks

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
the Moto G is not set up to allow audible notifications of texts while I'm on a phone call.

That's the way I prefer it because if I'm on a phone call I want to dedicate all my attention to that phone call and not be distracted by anything else. Setting everything up purposefully to receive audible notifications of texts while you're on a call is impolite to the caller.

fireballs10

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
That is hardly any help. Sometimes I'm waiting for important texts while on an unimportant call and I'm tired of constantly having to take the phone from my ear to be able to look for an icon. I am looking for appropriate apps, not opinions based on your situation, which is apparently different than mine.

fireballs10

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
That's the way I prefer it because if I'm on a phone call I want to dedicate all my attention to that phone call and not be distracted by anything else. Setting everything up purposefully to receive audible notifications of texts while you're on a call is impolite to the caller.
I found the answer myself, for anyone interested and having the same problem. The app is called 8SMS and is available free from playstore. It is just like the standard texting app, but has far more features, including one to play a sound when receiving a text while on a call. I have checked this option, but haven't received a text while on a call yet. However, I presume it works. It doesn't seem any faster or slower than the stock app so far.